- Android government Dave Burke has revealed the inner dessert title for Android 11.
- The newest model of Android is referred to internally as Red Velvet Cake.
Google named Android variations after desserts in alphabetical order for the longest time, akin to Android 7.0 Nougat, Android 8.0 Oreo and Android 9.0 Pie. The agency then switched to numbers solely from Android 10, seemingly marking the top of a enjoyable custom.
Now, Android’s vice-president of engineering Dave Burke has instructed the All About Android podcast that Android 11 nonetheless has a dessert title that’s used internally by engineers. The government says that they’ve formally moved to numbers, so Android 11 continues to be the title Google will use publicly.
“However, in case you have been to ask an engineer on my crew what are they engaged on, they’d say ‘RVC.’ And so ‘RVC’ is Red Velvet Cake,” Burke notes. The Android government additionally suggests we received’t see references to Red Velvet Cake or RVC in different tasks (e.g. AOSP), with R alone probably for use as an alternative.
Read: Google lastly reveals what number of gadgets are on Android 10, and it’s not dangerous
For what it’s price, Burke beforehand confirmed on the podcast that Android 10 is thought internally as Quince Tart. So it’s nice to see Google continues to be conserving the dessert custom alive for Android, even when it’s restricted to inner use solely.
Burke additionally touches on a number of different Android points within the podcast, akin to Project Mainline, background kills, and permissions. So you possibly can try the complete episode by clicking right here. Otherwise, you possibly can try extra highlighted articles under.
- Android 11 launch date: When are you able to count on it to launch?
- Why digital camera sensor measurement is extra necessary than extra megapixels
- How to put in Android 11 beta: A step-by-step information
- Google Pixel four purchaser’s information: Everything you want to know
- The finest smartphones in India beneath 40,000 rupees
- Best of Android mid-2020: Which cellphone affords probably the most worth?