Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast (now on Twitter!), the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
What every week, yeah? Instead of the information cycle slowing because the yr races to a detailed, issues are nonetheless as scorching as ever. We have funding rounds massive and small, IPOs, first-day extravaganza and extra.
Luckily we had the entire crew round — Chris and Danny and Natasha and me. Here’s the rundown:
- Career Karma raised $10 million, and we now have ideas and considerations.
- Skyflow raised $17.5 million in an effort to attempt to get the Equity workforce to grasp the nuances of various encryption sorts.
- Calm raised $75 million, which felt fairly cheap given experiences and its fundraising historical past.
- Squire tripled its valuation in a brand new spherical that included $45 million in fairness capital together with some debt.
- We additionally talked concerning the DoorDash and C3.ai IPO pops, the place Airbnb priced, and who’s coming subsequent.
- We rounded off with what’s up with TikTok stars investing in tech startups. Danny was not a fan.
And that’s that! If you aren’t drained, have you ever even been paying consideration?
Equity drops each Monday at 7:00 a.m. PST and Thursday afternoon as quick as we will get it out, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.