Credit: David Imel / Android Authority
- Many Google Pixel 4a 5G customers are complaining of touchscreen issues.
- Google has acknowledged the bug and can problem a repair in a future replace.
- Until that occurs, the corporate has prompt some navigational workarounds.
Many Pixel 4a 5G items are at the moment going through touchscreen issues that cropped up after the December 2020 safety replace. The points that largely pertain to wonky navigation have been first reported by Android Police, citing complaints on Google’s help discussion board, the Google Issue Tracker, and XDA boards. Now, Google has acknowledged the bug and promised a repair.
“We are conscious of this problem and a repair might be included in an upcoming software program replace,” a Google neighborhood specialist wrote on the official criticism thread. In the meantime, Google suggests you attempt the next ideas to enhance your gadget’s responsiveness:
- When tapping icons on the sting of the display screen, faucet the middle of the button or the facet of the button/icon furthest away from the sting of the show.
- When tapping icons, together with the navigation buttons on the underside of your display screen, use the tip of your finger or thumb as a substitute. This will assist enhance contact recognition.
There’ no readability on precisely when Google plans to problem the promised repair for the Pixel 4a 5G’s touchscreen issues. It didn’t roll out with the January safety replace so it might nonetheless be a while away. Until then, you’ll simply must stay with the aforementioned workarounds regardless that they won’t be essentially the most intuitive methods of navigating your telephone.
Read Next: The finest Android telephones you should buy proper now