Credit: David Imel / Android Authority
Samsung introduced a One UI 3.Zero developer beta primarily based on Android 11 final month, obtainable on the Galaxy S20 sequence. We didn’t hear about any explicit options or changelog on the time, however we’ve lastly received a complete record of additives and tweaks.
Twitter consumer Samsung Rydah (h/t: XDA-Developers) posted a One UI 3.Zero changelog earlier at the moment, and it’s a particularly complete record. Check out the record beneath.
Home display screen
- Touch and maintain and app so as to add an related widget.
- Turn the display screen off by double-tapping on an empty space of the house display screen (settings > superior options > motions and gestures)
- Dynamic lockscreen now has extra classes, and you’ll choose multiple.
- Lockscreen widgets are improved.
- See your conversations and media extra conveniently in their very own sections while you swipe down from the highest of the display screen.
- Always On Display widgets are improved.
- Get fast entry to an important accessibility settings throughout system setup.
- Get really helpful accessibility options primarily based on what you employ.
- Set the accessibility shortcut extra simply in settings.
- Sound detectors now work together with your SmartThings units equivalent to TVs and lights to present you extra seen alerts when the doorbell rings or the newborn is crying.
- You can discover the keyboard settings extra simply underneath General administration in settings, and the settings have been reorganized to place an important ones first.
- You can now hook up with supported TVs wirelessly.
- New touchpad multi-gestures allow you to change display screen zoom and font measurement extra simply.
- Added skill to dam web sites from redirecting you while you faucet the again button.
- Added warnings and blocking choices for web sites that present too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Rearranged menus to make issues simpler to seek out.
- Added a number of new add-ons, together with one which interprets web sites.
- Added choice to cover the standing bar for a extra immersive shopping expertise.
- Increased most variety of open tabs to 99.
- Added skill to lock and reorder tabs.
- Improved design for tab bar which is now supported on all units.
- Ended assist for Samsung Internet edge panel.
Contacts and Phone
- Added the flexibility to edit a number of linked contacts at one time.
- Added an choice that will help you shortly delete duplicate contacts.
- Enhanced the search expertise.
- Extended the storage interval for the Trash bin from 15 to 30 days.
- Added the flexibility to customise the decision display screen with your personal footage and movies.
- Created a Trash bin to retailer just lately deleted messages.
Call and textual content on different units
- Added the flexibility to show Call and textual content on different units on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Events with the identical begin time are actually proven collectively in month and agenda view.
- Reorganized choices for including and modifying occasions.
- Improved structure for full display screen alerts.
- Improved structure for full display screen alerts.
Digital wellbeing and parental controls
- Added traits to your weekly report. You can see how your utilization has modified for the reason that earlier week and examine your utilization time for every function.
- Added cellphone utilization time whereas driving to your weekly report.
- Added a lockscreen widget so you’ll be able to examine your display screen time with out unlocking your cellphone.
- Added separate profiles for private and work modes so you’ll be able to monitor your display screen time individually.
- Improved autofocus and auto publicity performance and value.
- Improved stabilization when taking footage of the moon at excessive zoom ranges.
- Added the flexibility to revert edited footage again to their unique variations.
- Grouped preset routines make it easier to get began shortly and discover ways to construct your personal routines shortly.
- You can now see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New circumstances have been added, equivalent to a selected begin time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth system or Wi-Fi community, a name from a selected quantity, and extra.
- New actions have been added, together with speaking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- You can add a custom-made icon for every routine and add routines to the lockscreen for fast entry.
The replace weighs in at 2.5GB in keeping with the Twitter consumer’s screenshot, so that you may need to get related to Wi-Fi for those who’re on a restricted cell information plan. The replace additionally delivers the September 2020 safety patch.
There’s no phrase on a timeline for a steady Samsung One UI 3.Zero launch simply but or a ultimate record of supported units. Nevertheless, a wide range of Samsung units are actually eligible for 3 years of Android model updates, starting from 2019 flagships and better to a number of Galaxy A sequence telephones. So you’ll be able to guess that these units can be on the record.
Is there the rest you’d prefer to see from One UI 3.0? Let us know within the feedback beneath!
Next: Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition — Everything we all know to this point