- Zoom’s digital backgrounds characteristic is now obtainable on Android.
- The characteristic arrives in a brand new replace that additionally brings delicate usability tweaks to the platform.
- Unfortunately, solely nonetheless photos are supported for now.
If you don’t need to rearrange your bookshelf earlier than leaping right into a Zoom name, digital backgrounds are a great way to have just a little enjoyable or enhance privateness throughout conferences. Now, the characteristic is lastly coming to Android.
Zoom backgrounds have been obtainable on iOS and desktop for a while now, permitting customers to masks their location or add some selection to their on-line meets.
Spotted by Android Police, the characteristic is offered on Android gadgets working model 5.3.52640.0920 of the app. The replace additionally brings the flexibility to share telephone audio instantly with assembly attendees, and the addition of breakout room choice.
But these options can’t transport you to a desert island or The Simpsons’ lounge.
How to allow Zoom digital backgrounds on Android
To allow Zoom’s digital backgrounds characteristic:
- Join or create a gathering
- Tap the “More” possibility within the backside proper nook of the display screen
- Tap “Virtual Background”
- If you haven’t already, grant Zoom permission to entry your digital camera
- Select a picture, or use a picture out of your machine by tapping the + icon
You may also select to maintain this background for all future conferences or simply your present session. This possibility might be discovered within the app’s overarching assembly settings.
While Zoom permits shifting backgrounds on desktop, the Android characteristic might be restricted to nonetheless photos for now. It’s not a game-breaker however does imply your expertise might fluctuate between platforms.
If you don’t have already got it put in in your machine, you should definitely seize Zoom for Android under.
Download Zoom for Android
Next: Zoom suggestions and methods you must find out about