Exposure notification and speak to tracing are two associated however distinct measures many public well being authorities are both contemplating or already implementing.
Contact tracing is a apply virtually as previous as epidemiology itself, however at this time’s expertise means the best way that we go about monitoring the unfold of a contagious sickness inside and between communities is altering in a short time. This presents a possibility for studying extra concerning the alternatives and challenges introduced in extending contact tracing and publicity notification by way of digital means.
To that finish, we’re comfortable to be working with the COVID-19 Technology Task Force, in addition to Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center, NYU’s Alliance for Public Interest Technology, Betaworks and Hangar. We’ll be taking part in host on TC to their live-streamed dialogue round contact tracing and publicity notification functions, together with demonstrations of a number of the cutting-edge merchandise that might be obtainable within the U.S. to sort out these difficult, however essential, duties. The day’s occasions will embody a roundtable dialogue adopted by a collection of product demos, and can happen beginning at 11 AM EDT (eight AM PDT) on Wednesday, June 3.
Below, we’ve included an agenda of the confirmed audio system and demonstrations for the day thus far. Note that that is work in progress, and that extra audio system and demos might be added to the day’s slate as we get nearer to Wednesday. To RSVP for this free occasion, take a look at this hyperlink.
11am-1pm EDT: Roundtable Discussion – Hear from researchers, healthcare professionals, and technologists, together with:
- Andrew McLaughlin helps lead the Task Force’s contact tracing/publicity notification initiative. Andrew is the Chairman of Access Now, the previous Deputy U.S. CTO for the White House, and the previous Director of Global Public Policy at Google.
- Daniel Burka is heading up the COVID-19 response efforts for New York State by way of Resolve to Save Lives, the not-for-profit group led by former CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden.
- Harper Reed helps lead the Task Force’s contact tracing/publicity notification initiative. Harper is a Director’s Fellow on the MIT Media Lab, a Senior Fellow on the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab, and was the CTO of Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election marketing campaign.
- Jonathan Jackson is the Founder and CEO at Dimagi, a social enterprise that develops modern expertise options for frontline workforces and underserved populations. They have an intensive background in world well being and are a frontrunner in cell well being knowledge assortment.
- Jonathan Zittrain is a professor of legislation and pc science, and co-founder of Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society. Jonathan’s work focuses on matters together with management of digital property, privateness frameworks, and the roles of intermediaries in Internet structure.
- Randall Thomas is helping Resolve to Save Lives and different stakeholders with the New York State response to COVID-19. Randall is the CTO of Geometer, a expertise incubator.
1pm-2pm EDT: Contact Tracing/Exposure Notification Product Demos – Leading organizations growing functions to mitigate the influence of COVID-19, primarily by way of contact tracing and publicity notification, will every demo their product. Teams embody:
- Covid Trace
- How We Feel
- COVID Near You
We’ll have a dwell stream obtainable on June Three so you’ll be able to observe alongside, as talked about, however it’s also possible to RSVP right here to register your curiosity. It must be a day filled with attention-grabbing, professional dialogue of why there’s a necessity to increase contact tracing and publicity notification by way of linked and digital means, in addition to the privateness, public well being and coverage implications such extension essentially carries with it.