- You can now transfer your WhatsApp chat historical past to Telegram.
- The function was added to Telegram’s iOS app.
- It’s nonetheless not out there on Android.
WhatsApp’s person exodus courtesy of its current privateness coverage adjustments has been a boon for different messaging apps like Telegram. To additional increase its recognition, Telegram now lets departing WhatsApp customers transfer their chat historical past over to its app. This might be the one function that’ll tip over WhatsApp customers which might be nonetheless on the fence about quitting the Facebook-owned platform.
Telegram launched the brand new message historical past import device on its iOS app yesterday. It got here bundled with model 7.Four of the app. The replace notes for the model learn as follows:
Telegram quickly issued one other replace with model quantity 7.4.1 that deleted the migration device’s point out. However, you’ll nonetheless have the ability to import chats over from WhatsApp.
How to export WhatsApp chats to Telegram
To switch your WhatsApp chat historical past to Telegram, you will want the newest variations of each apps. Once you will have that, you possibly can observe the steps under to import your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note that there isn’t a approach of batch importing conversations. You’ll have to maneuver over particular person chats from WhatsApp to Telegram. That stated, listed here are the steps that’ll aid you achieve this.
- Open WhatsApp and faucet on the chat you need to export
- Head into the contact data menu and choose “Export chat”
- You’ll now see an choice to “Attach Media” or “Without Media”
- Choose your most popular possibility
- Now select Telegram from the sharing menu and choose the contact you need to assign the imported chat to
- You’ll now see a immediate to import messages. Select “Import”
To know extra about Telegram and the way it works, you possibly can head to our devoted information right here.