Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast (now on Twitter!), the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
This week Natasha Mascarenhas, Danny Crichton and myself hosted a dwell taping at Disrupt for a digital reception. It was good enjoyable, although after all we’re trying ahead to bringing the dwell present again to the convention subsequent 12 months, vaccine permitting.
Thankfully we had Chris Gates behind the scenes tweaking the dials, Alexandra Ames becoming us into this system and a few people to look at dwell.
What did we discuss? All of this (and a few very, very dangerous jokes):
- The Great American SPAC-Off: As each Opendoor and Desktop Metal method the general public markets on the wings of SPACs, we ask why. And why we’ve to maintain speaking about SPACs, which we don’t wish to do.
- But the general public markets are sizzling and energetic, with firms like JFrog and Snowflake going public to nice impact. JFrog had an amazing IPO. Snowflake had an insane IPO.
- But there was numerous motion from the personal markets as properly, together with Airtable elevating $185 million, ApplyBoard raised a $55 million extension and Tonal raised $110 million, as a result of related health is hotter than SaaS in the meanwhile.
- We additionally riffed on Natasha’s enterprise traits’ piece, digging into the right way to get to conviction in a remote-only world. As it seems, we’ve notes on video video games.
- And there have been two new funds, together with one from the Chainsmokers (sizzling, enjoyable, nice) and one other from Greylock (conventional, Victorian and large). In extra severe commentary, the Greylock increase continues the mega-fund period.
And then we tried to play a recreation that will or could not make it into the ultimate minimize. Either method, it was nice to have Equity again at Disrupt. More to come back. Hugs from us!
Equity drops each Monday at 7:00 a.m. PT and Thursday afternoon as quick as we are able to get it out, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.