Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast, the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
We wound up having extra to speak about than we had time for however we packed as a lot as we might into 34 minutes. So, climb aboard with Danny, Natasha, and myself for an additional episode of Equity.
Before we get into matters, a reminder that in case you are signing up for Extra Crunch and wish to avoid wasting cash, the code “fairness” is your buddy. Alright, let’s get into it:
- Robinhood is again within the information this week after a New York Times piece dug into its historical past, product choices, and extra. Tidbits galore are available, however the Equity crew needed to debate the morality of offering unique monetary tooling to less-experienced customers.
- We adopted that debate with a dive into immigration, the most recent information from the federal government, and our takes on the matter. TechCrunch has coated the current information, and supplied some context on the broader idea. Our takeaway is that doing self-defeating issues for no purpose isn’t sensible for the nation as an entire.
- Postmates has a house! After winding up someplace in the midst of the pack of the on-demand cohort a number of years again, the rise of DoorDash put Postmates in a pickle. Happily, Uber was available to de-brine the unicorn for $2.65 billion in inventory. That’s a bit more cash than Postmates’ final valuation. What we wish to know subsequent is how the sale worth impacted frequent stockholders. Email us if .
- Palantir has filed to go public, however privately, in order that’s actually all there’s to say about that. Unless you want a historical past lesson.
- Finally, funding rounds. We had three this week: MonkeyLearn elevating $2.2 million for no-code AI, Quaestor elevating $5.eight million for startup monetary tooling, and $4.5 million for Mmhmm which is each well timed and neat.
Whew! Past all that we had some enjoyable, and, hopefully, had been of some use. Hugs and chat Monday!
Equity drops each Monday at 7:00 a.m. PT and Friday at 6:00 a.m. PT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.