“The Simpsons” is formally a part of the Hollywood Resistance.
The time period refers to any present, or performer, devoted to eradicating President Donald Trump from workplace by any means needed.
In the case of Matt Groening’s iconic present, it typically requires weaponing gags and storylines to advertise progressive causes.
We noticed a miserable instance final 12 months with a musical quantity that includes the Democratic presidential hopefuls. The following bit, which additionally touts the deeply flawed “Squad,” is each humorless and politically incorrect within the true spirit of the phrasing.
President Trump is many issues, however “exhausted” doesn’t come near describing him.
Now, “The Simpsons” is prepping for Election Day by spreading extra overt, anti-Trump propaganda.
This weekend’s season debut, a part of the long-running “Treehouse of Horror” sequence, uncorks a listing of causes to not vote for Trump. Yes, a comedy present stops chilly to unfold what it deems as useful details about a political marketing campaign.
“The Simpsons” as soon as tweaked either side of the aisle, protecting the concentrate on Homer’s excessive jinks over partisan politics. A basic episode discovered Grandpa Simpson receiving a test within the mail out of the blue, one thing that didn’t rattle him.
Bart: “Didn’t you marvel why you had been getting checks for?”
Grampa Simpson: “I figured as a result of the democrats had been in energy once more.
Now, the present routinely packs tales with progressive themes with little to no subtlety. This weekend’s episode, although, leans closely on Fake News to buttress its factors.
The far-left Variety shares the official “Simpsons” listing of 50 causes to not vote for Trump. Some are true, like the truth that he mentioned, throughout a non-public dialog, he may seize ladies you-know-where.
Voters knew all about that 4 years in the past however voted for him anyway.
Other objects, although, are fully false. “The Simpsons” shared them anyway. The media received’t truth test mentioned listing, in fact. So let’s do it right here.
A number of objects are meant, allegedly, to be humorous (“Looks awful in a tennis outfit”). Others evoke information cycles that had been both unfaithful or manipulated by corrupt reporters. Here’s a sampling of the latter:
- Put kids in cages (So did President Barack Obama, whose administration constructed mentioned cages)
- Called Mexicans rapists (mentioned some Mexican rapists cross the border to America, laborious to disclaim)
- Imitated disabled reporter (debunked)
- Called white supremacists ‘tremendous individuals’ (debunked time and time once more)
- Called Baltimore a ‘disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess’ (Parts of town are simply that … )
- Did not attend any White House correspondents’ dinner (So?)
- Ruined impeachment (Impeachment was so important to our nation’s future that Democrats haven’t talked about it for months, even on the DNC)
- Corrupted Congress (???)
- Put Jared accountable for Mideast (the identical Jared who helped spark a historic wave of Mideast peace triumphs?)
- Destroyed democracy (???)
- Lost Hong Kong (???)
- Allowed bounties on troopers (uncorroborated)
- Invaded Portland (arguably the mom of all Fake News tales)
- Withdrew from W.H.O. (similar group that worsened COVID-19 by spreading Chinese lies on the outbreak’s early levels, simply costing hundreds of lives, if no more)
It’s a foolish listing, in fact, and far of it’s patently false. So why didn’t the “Simpsons” scribes know that?
Perhaps they did and didn’t thoughts spreading Fake News to dump Trump. Or, extra distressingly, they really consider the lies, which illustrates the facility, and toxicity, of at the moment’s journalism.
The submit ‘Simpsons’ Attacks Trump with Fake News Avalanche appeared first on Hollywood in Toto.