Credit: Eric Zeman / Android Authority
The smartphone business delivered some nice units in 2020, with 5G, excessive refresh charges, and multi-camera setups all typically making appearances. It units a fantastic basis for 2021, and we’re anticipating new telephones to be packed to the gills with options as nicely.
That received us questioning concerning the options Android Authority readers actually wished to see in 2021’s telephones. Do you need extra horsepower? What about improved endurance? How does higher video high quality sound? Here’s the way you voted within the ballot.
What would you like most from 2021’s telephones?
We posted the ballot on December 30 2020, and simply over two-thirds (35.2%) of readers thought cheaper pricing was the primary function they wished to see on new telephones in 2021.
It’s fairly attention-grabbing to see cheaper pricing taking the highest spot, however it isn’t surprising. 2020 noticed a number of cellphone manufacturers undertake increased costs for his or her mainline flagship telephones, apparently attributable to flagship silicon worth hikes. Notable examples embrace the Xiaomi Mi 10 sequence, OnePlus eight sequence and OnePlus 8T, and the Sony Xperia 1 II. In truth, we additionally noticed manufacturers like LG and Google ditch flagship chipsets in favor of sustaining and even reducing costs.
More studying: Did smartphones get much more costly in 2020?
The solely different function to obtain greater than 25% of the vote was higher battery life, with 26.9% of respondents selecting this as their most desired function in subsequent yr’s telephones. Many 2020 high-end units noticed large battery capability good points, however excessive refresh fee tech and 5G connectivity required extra juice.
Otherwise, higher photograph high quality (9.3%), under-display selfie cameras (9%), and the “different” choice (6.1%) had been the one different options that accrued greater than 5% of the vote. In truth, choices like extra storage and sooner charging failed to achieve even 2% of votes. This both suggests persons are pleased with charging speeds and storage capability right now, or they suppose it’s a foregone conclusion that we’ll get these enhancements with 2021 telephones anyway.
- Tim: Headphone jack and SD card enlargement
- Sandeep: Not low-cost, however Affordable! No flagship ought to value greater than 800$
- Drone9: A charger and earphones.
- Andrew Zuo: More headphone jacks!
- iCick e Ciak: I need only one factor: smaller shows. They’re too large
- echo1284: Headphone jack!
- Skifarterking: Flat show, bodily fingerprint readers (perhaps on the ability button) and no digital camera bumps
- pda96: I’d wish to see audio enhancing options. Jack, Dolby ATMOS, twin exterior audio system, quad DAC, and many others. In different phrases, I’d wish to see extra cellphone producers adopting LG’s method in the case of audio.
- wcjeep: 4x or 5x optical zoom digital camera.
- AntiSocialist: Pure Android with no f… bloatware. Especially a Galaxy with out all the extra Samsung crap that you simply can not uninstall.
- DBS: SMALLER telephones.
- Gooseberry: Smaller display screen sizes. Not everyone wants a 6 inch or bigger display screen of their cellphone.
- HdzBlue: Different designs. Every premium flagship is wanting similar to one another. A glass sandwich, with perhaps some shiny impact on the again glass, a la Galaxy S7. What occurred to the distinguished designs just like the chatoyance of the Nexus four again, a denim look on the LG G2, a brushed metallic look on the G3, rubber again on the V10? Or for extra fashionable examples, the translucent Mi 10 Ultra, Aurora impact on the Huawei P40 Pro. Frosted matte glass is concerning the closest to distinguishing totally different glass telephones, however a bit selection would go a great distance.
That’s it for this ballot outcomes article. Thanks for voting and for submitting feedback! What do you consider the subject and outcomes? Let us know through the feedback part.