Google Chrome isn’t the one main cellular internet browser available on the market, as there are fairly a number of challengers on the market. One of the most important challengers is Samsung Internet although, delivery with Samsung telephones.
Samsung’s app bucks the development of ho-hum manufacturer-backed browsers by really being fairly good. Between options like advert blocking, anti-tracking, and redirect warnings, Samsung Internet has loads of welcome additions. And that’s apart from issues just like the toolbar, customization, and darkish mode.
Our personal Mitja Rutnik praised Samsung Internet in an article just lately, but additionally requested Android Authority readers whether or not they most popular Samsung’s browser or Google Chrome. Here’s what you instructed us.
Do you favor Google Chrome or Samsung Internet?
We first posed this query on our web site on January 24 2021, subsequently posting it to YouTube and Twitter as properly. Over 38,100 individuals voted throughout all three platforms, and the general outcomes present that nearly 70% of customers favor Chrome to Samsung Internet.
It’s comprehensible that folks would go for this decide, as extra individuals seemingly have expertise with Chrome on cellular than Samsung Internet. So it could possibly be a case of some customers voting for what they know fairly than making an attempt out Samsung’s providing first. Several customers additionally pointed to Chrome options like cross-platform synchronization as a motive why they picked Google’s browser.
More studying: The 15 finest Android internet browsers
Meanwhile, 31.9% of whole votes went to Samsung Internet because the browser of selection. In truth, these respondents appear to be probably the most vocal when it got here to leaving feedback too. Users pointed to components like easy efficiency, darkish mode, Dex integration, advert blocking, and deal with one-handed operation.
We seen that the YouTube and Twitter polls have been overwhelmingly in Google’s favor, whereas the web site ballot swung in Samsung’s path. We’re guessing that the headline and nature of the publish courted loads of Samsung Internet followers in consequence. Still, it’s arduous to disclaim that the browser has loads of neat options.
- Robin S: Chrome sync is simply method too vital for me to overlook it. I’d by no means use Samsung browser once more due to that motive. Having all passwords and tabs + bookmarks in sync in addition to aufofill is a fundamental requirement for me. I want round 300 completely different passwords and I don’t wish to use a 3rd occasion device that prices one thing for that function.
- Diwa Galvez: I’ve tried Chrome, Edge, Opera, Vivaldi, UC, Samsung Internet, Firefox, and Brave. I nonetheless use Samsung Internet for each my pill and my cellphone.
- Shaunak: I’m 100% onboard. Save some sights that block its use on function, I’ve had a a lot better expertise on Samsung Internet. The darkish mode is a killer characteristic!
- Snigdhaman Chatterjee: Have used each and I favor Samsung Internet. It’s extraordinarily one hand pleasant, has advert block extensions, consumes decrease battery and is quick! You may even lock secret tabs utilizing biometrics. It’s primarily based on Chromium identical to Chrome.
- missmotta: I like the Samsung browser for all the explanations you said. It simply works. And darkish mode! Hallelujah! I do maintain Chrome for sure web sites that don’t play good with Samsung ,like once I’m making an attempt to share monetary data, but it surely’s undoubtedly been my each day driver for years. I’m hoping extra individuals give it a attempt because it’s out there within the play retailer for any Android system.
- unCROWNED: Chrome’s sync characteristic is so good that I can’t depart it
- darjen: Samsung Internet additionally works rather a lot higher with Dex, the place chrome crashes extra regularly. I additionally like Opera higher, with its adblock and inbuilt vpn. It could also be a small factor, however Chrome has no method to make new tabs open within the foreground. I hate having to scroll all the way in which as much as the highest as a way to swap over to the brand new tab. There can also be Opera’s setting to all the time use desktop variations of internet sites which may be very useful in Dex.
- Bojan Tomic: No want to vary anybody’s thoughts. Chrome is simply superior.
- Nicolas Nolte: Chrome Browser contains the ‘ship to my different gadgets’ operate, which is a killer characteristic for me since I take advantage of a Chromebook as my each day driver within the pocket book division. Although I used to like Samsung Internet.
- ANTHONYinCALI: For what I do on the web chrome is the way in which to go. Idc the place the toolbar is or actually about any of these further options within the article. All I care about is the curated articles, the password sync between gadgets, and darkish mode. Samsung Internets darkish mode is wonderful and I actually want chrome did darkish mode like that but it surely’s not fairly sufficient to get me to modify.
- jdrch: Firefox Nightly on Android is even higher. So is Microsoft Edge. At least with these 2 you possibly can sync to a desktop browser. No such factor with Samsung Internet.
That’s it for our Chrome vs Samsung Internet ballot! What do you consider the subject and outcomes? Feel free to share your ideas under!