Once upon a time conservatives silently figured Robert Downey, Jr. was one in every of them.
The actor’s followers adopted his precipitous fall from grace, battle with habit and subsequent jail stint. Downey emerged from the expertise a modified man, by all accounts. Here’s what he informed The New York Times circa 2008:
“I’ve a extremely fascinating political standpoint, and it’s not at all times one thing I say too loud at dinner tables right here, however you possibly can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and actually perceive it and are available out a liberal. You can’t. I wouldn’t want that have on anybody else, nevertheless it was very, very, very academic for me and has knowledgeable my proclivities and politics each since.”
It was solely a matter of time earlier than he resumed his profession and, fatefully, donned the fake pink and gold armor of Marvel’s Iron Man character.
Flash ahead to 2016, and Downey was a part of the hard-left Avengers brigade attempting to finish Donald Trump’s presidential goals through his “Save the Day” video.
The celebrity’s political leanings, seemingly, swung again to the Left.
That’s much more away from late witness his Instagram posts. He simply posted an homage to the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Before then, although, he tried to go superwoke with a publish attacking social media hate.
It didn’t go nicely for him.
View this publish on Instagram
It’s time to cease hate, bigotry, and disinformation. Freeze Instagram at this time with me. #StopHateForProfit #linkinbio
The message, a part of a “Stop Hate for Profit” group, arrived as a part of the September Week of Action marketing campaign. The group needs to deal with on-line nastiness, and but it focuses on conservative internet sites excess of hate flowing from the Left.
Downey, or his social media group, apparently joined the trouble to assist the group’s mission. “It’s time to cease hate, bigotry, and disinformation. Freeze Instagram at this time with me,” he wrote.
The publish drew a large response from the actor’s followers. Stars like Orlando Bloom. Josh Brolin and Sacha Baron Cohen, who fortunately sexualized First Lady Melania Trump on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” supported their fellow woke celeb.
Others? Not a lot.
Here’s a beneficiant sampling that sums up the livid response:
- I hope you communicate out towards the current escalation in pedophilia, trafficking and different intercourse crimes towards kids. The silence from Hollywood is deafening
- What a sacrifice
- Congrats. Yall solved racism
- How about freezing them for censoring tales about pedophilia and intercourse trafficking?
- You actually haven’t posted since September 4th… so how’s at this time any distinction apart from you really posting?
- “Disinformation?” You imply opinions you don’t agree with.
- Give over mate. You’re a multimillionaire, freezing insta does completely nothing, make an actual change and cease exhibiting off to your Hollywood mates
- AH. The good previous social media advantage signaling that does nothing however makes it appear to be you care.
- Ok you wanna cease whoever’s paying blm and antifa to burn down our nation? They’re those holding hate alive.
- Literally the one hate and disinformation is coming from 1) media, 2) leftist politicians, 3) hollywood elite, and 4) Antifa/BLM activists. You do NOT see conservatives on the market rioting, looting, setting fires, inflicting violent division, capturing harmless people, and many others. So don’t for a second assume the vast majority of America is behind this pretentious and distracting motion. We know who’s inflicting the issue and the place the actual fact lies. The days of being manipulated by the media, corrupt politicians, and out of contact hollywood are over.
- Sad to see you assist censorship.
- Does stopping the hate additionally embody cease hating the cops throughout this nation who characterize all races and religions threat their lives for low pay and get nothing however disrespect.
- I used to be going to make a remark about your place in politics, however I see hundreds of others already beat me to it and have annihilated you! And I’m proud to see it! It means we’ve got extra true Americans who don’t soar on bandwagons to really feel included like celebrities do. You deserve this @robertdowneyjr you thought you had been going to begin a motion, however as an alternative embarrassed your self.
The publish Woke Robert Downey, Jr. Gets Pummeled on Instagram appeared first on Hollywood in Toto.