Credit: Oliver Cragg / Android Authority
TVs are available all completely different sizes and shapes, in addition to various ranges of “good.” When I purchased my tv just a few years in the past, I knew I wished an even bigger 4K TV with none good options. I didn’t assume I might use them (I already owned a Chromecast), and lots of producers cost a premium for that additional software program. To this present day I don’t remorse my resolution to purchase a “dumb” TV.
For these of you who do personal a sensible TV, do you employ the built-in good options? Or do you employ a secondary system on your streaming wants? This is the very query I requested you final week, and out of over 600 complete votes, there’s a transparent technique most good TV house owners use to stream content material.
Smart TV house owners, do you employ the built-in good options or a streaming system?
Surprisingly, 40.71% of voters who personal a sensible TV use an alternate technique to stream their content material. Out of that pool, a majority 36.67% use some form of dongle — like a Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or Roku — whereas 4.04% use a gaming console like a Nintendo Switch, Xbox, or PlayStation.
29.56% of voters completely use their TVs’ on-device software program for streaming. Even extra folks (29.73%) have a tendency to change between a dongle and their TVs’ on-device software program.
Here’s what you needed to say
Here are a number of the finest feedback from final week’s ballot explaining why they voted the way in which that they did:
- djghettoredneck: Nvidia Shield Android TV console on all my televisions
- Theater Room: Shield TV Pro (additionally as Plex Server) -> 4K Projector & 5.1.4 Atmos Surround
- Living Room: Hisense H8F Android TV & 5.1 Surround
- Master Bedroom: Mi Box S -> 4K Samsung Tizen TV & 2.1 Vizio Soundbar
- Girls’ Room: Jetstream -> 32″ 1080p Vizio TV
- Boys’ Room: Nexus Player -> 32″ 720p Insignia TV
- Garage: Nexus Player -> 40″ 720p Samsung & 2.0 Stereo Speakers
- Backyard Movie Night: Nexus Player -> 1080p Anker Projector & 2.0 Stereo Speakers
- Paul Russell: My LG TV was too previous to get an app for Disney+ and a Mi Box S is a hell of so much cheaper and easy than shopping for a brand new TV. Otherwise I’d nonetheless be utilizing the built-in apps for YouTube, Netflix and Google Play Movies
- EeZeEpEe: I’ve 3 Rokus (One for every TV in our home), my lounge is an Android TV that I favor to make use of (largely for the Google Assistant capabilities) whereas my spouse makes use of the Roku on it, and our bed room TV additionally has a Chromecast simply to have the ability to solid issues from our telephones like Twitch.
- Oversight68: I’ve 2 units, Vizio and Sony.Vizio – I don’t use the good/streaming capabilities, constructed into the set; nevertheless, I do have a Firestick on that tv.
Sony – I do use the streaming performance that’s constructed into Android TV.
- TheOracle: I’ve but to discover a first rate good television OS. They stutter, lag and seize up on a regular basis. I exploit Android packing containers on all my television’s. Their flexibility and the ability of the high-end ones can’t be matched. 3-4gb of ram minimal.
- Eric Braun: Have a Roku TV that boots on to a Shield. Use that for just about every little thing Video clever except there’s an oddball service that doesn’t have an android television app or the roku app is best. I do have a PS4 and an Xbox One attached and if i’m feeling lazy will use these to observe one thing after taking part in a recreation for a bit.
- D9: Depending upon the state of affairs, I exploit the good system built-in to my TV (2019 Sony-Android TV W/Chromecast and Airplay built-in), or that inbuilt to my set high field (Dishnetwork with Google Assistant integration) which options built-in channels for YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon prime video.
- Shooting Star Max: I exploit a pc I constructed for my lounge TV. It’s obtained a small wi-fi keyboard + touchpad, so it’s fairly comfy to make use of.
That’s it for this week. As all the time, thanks for voting, thanks for the feedback, and don’t overlook to tell us what you considered the outcomes beneath.